Tuesday 4 February 2014

Me, Myself and I - Pronouns



I frequently correct my students misuse of pronouns and understand their frustration and confusion when it comes to choosing the correct pronoun. This week I decided to create an infographic to try to simplify this topic.   I hope you and your students will find it helpful:



If you've been following my blog you may have noticed that I like to use music in my lessons. When reviewing or learning pronouns I use this catchy song from the 80's 'Me, Myself and I' by De La Soul  to get my students warmed up and to introduce the topic.  It's much less intimidating than saying "Today we're going to work on Pronouns".  I guarantee that they will be humming this tune and singing the chorus immediately. You can play the first 43 seconds of the song and see if your students can guess the topic of the lesson:




I've created some worksheets for extra practice:






Any comments, feedback, recommendations and requests are greatly appreciated.  If you are a Google+ member please comment below.  If you're on Facebook please message me there and of course you can always send me an email: emma_segev@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks and I hope you found this post helpful :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.