Tuesday 11 February 2014

Introductions - "Pleased to meet you"


I have a new group starting this week and we'll be working on 'Introductions' in order to get to know each other.  Due to the popularity of my last few blog posts I have come to the conclusion that students LOVE infographics; consequently, I decided to update my materials and use some of the amazing applications that I have discovered online (see my blog post on the topic) to prepare for my lesson:


Warm up:
I may play The Rolling Stones Sympathy for the devil as a 'warm up' exercise or use it as a 'guess the topic of the lesson' activity. Of course the focus needs to be on the intro and chorus:
0.20 "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste".
- Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm  ___________ (a student/20 years old)
0.59 "Pleased to meet you , hope you guess my name".
- Pleased to meet you, _____________ (my name is Emma)

Vocabulary:
I've created a new printable infographic using Piktochart to present the vocabulary and expressions:



____________________________________________________________


Activity 1: Visual 
Click on 'Start Prezi' and then click the right arrow under the presentation to move from slide to slide (you can also use your mouse to zoom in and out):  



Activity 2: Writing/creative
Prepare the information that you would like to share about yourself.  Go to http://prezi.com/ sign up for free or use your Facebook account.  Create your own presentation to introduce yourself.  

Activity 3: Speaking/creative
Watch my fun introduction using  http://blabberize.com/ and make your own:
 

It was very nice to meet you.  I hope to see you again soon :-)



















Any comments, feedback, recommendations and requests are greatly appreciated.  If you are a Google+ member please comment below.  If you're on Facebook please message me there and of course you can always send me an email: emma_segev@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks and I hope you found this post helpful :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.